23 July 2004

email: Re: Ontario/1st planting area - Friday, July 23, 2004

email: Re: Ontario/1st planting area - Friday, July 23, 2004

From: Al Pasternak
To: Dixon, Terry
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: Ontario/1st planting area


Hi Terry,

Thank you for your assistance.

Yes, I would like to garden in that space and I would be happy
to talk with the Transit Museum Society people if that would
help. They might be able to supply me with water or a space
for a rain barrel kept on the other side of the fence.

I checked the ground and it is very sandy. A few cubic yards of
Vancouver's finest landfill compost would be an excellent
ammendment. I will attempt to co-ordinate that with Ron
Borger when I discuss the False Creek bed [to the north of
Ontario & 1st Ave] with him.

Do you know what plants were there before and why they did
not thrive besides lack of water?

What is the large bush in the north east corner?

Yours Truly,

Al Pasternak

From: "Dixon, Terry"
To: "'aap@greatday.ca'"
Subject: Ontario/1st planting area
Date sent: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:13:33 -0700

> Hello Al,
> I took a look at the planting bed at the street car station which is
> the location my boss, Doug Smith, suggested. I've attached a photo of
> it. This is City property but it's operated by the Transit Museum
> Society. There were plants there a couple of years ago and the soil
> was prepared to accommodate them. Doug said that if you are
> interested in gardening this space, please let us know and he'll let
> the Transit Museum people know.
>
> Terry
CarBarn pic from July 2004

Theresa (Terry) Dixon, Green Streets Program Coordinator
> City of Vancouver
> Engineering Services
> Greenways Branch
> 604 873-7204