22 August 2004

Vancouver Freecycle - wanted and offers completed - Sunday, August 22, 2004

Vancouver Freecycle - wanted and offers completed - Sunday, August 22, 2004


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vancouverfreecycle


Sharmeen picked up my double size futon, frame, couch bed frame and foam
mattress today. I still have the boxspring so I will put it out on the list
again in two weeks or so.

Cheri has some perennial plants that she wanted to be rid of so I went down
there and picked up a whole bunch of daylilies as well as
lavender mint ["put it in a container right away!"]
and marjoram.

She lives in New Westminster and I cycled down on the Skytrain Bikeway with
my kid cart. I left Cambie & 18th at 12:40pm and arrived around 2:00pm. On
my way back I discovered a 20 foot/7 meter!! patch of landscaped Rosemary bushes. Also on my way back I heard crickets in the city.

Non-garden adventure: Was sitting outside of Flying Wedge Pizza when a
confrontation began outside of Choices as the staff accused a young man of
stealing steaks. He denied it, said he put it back and refused to lift his
shirt. They wrestled him to the ground - that took a long time - and called
the police. He had 3 salmon filets in his waistband and three more in his
pockets.