08 August 2004

Car Barn planting - Sunday, August 8, 2004

Car Barn planting - Sunday, August 8, 2004


Temperature report: August 1 - 7, 2004

Rain on Friday, steady and heavy at times cleared by afternoon
No indication from YVR, Abbotsford or PacketBob how much fell.

Spoke with Dale Laird of the Transit Museum Society last Sunday and said that doing some gardening in the area discussed with Terry Dixon on July 23 was okay.

Went down today with some Evening Primose and Jerusalem Artichoke from my garden, along with an Anise Hyssop from
Lowland Herb and a Purple Coneflower I bought on sale at
Figaro's Garden


Dale told me that before the cleanup last year, the street
people were using the Pampas Grass there before as an
outhouse and evidence of their activity remains. As I was
planting, I constantly smelled stale urine in the area.
Although I'm planting edibles, I'm not sure I'd want to eat
them unless they were cooked first.

Access to water is nearby and I watered everything with 16L
instead of my ususal 8.

I took 3 pics before planting and 3 after.

Filled up again and went to my wildflower site. Watered with 8L. 3 pics.

Stopped by the Garlic Chives site and took 2 pics - 1 with flash,
one without. It looks like my compost is providing other growth
near the chive - possibly tomatoes.

I can't remember if I took a pick of my fill bed, so I'll take another just to be sure.